Bithoor is a city located in the Kanpur district of the Indian state of Uttar Pradesh. The city is steeped in history and mythology, with a rich cultural heritage that draws visitors from all over the world.
One of the main attractions of Bithoor is its association with the Hindu epic Ramayana. It is believed to be the place where Lord Rama’s sons Luv and Kush were born. The city is also home to a significant temple dedicated to Lord Brahma, one of the primary deities in Hinduism.
In addition to its religious significance, Bithoor is also known for its scenic beauty. The city is situated on the banks of the Ganges River and offers breathtaking views of the surrounding landscape. Visitors can take a boat ride on the river to enjoy the beauty of the area or take a stroll along the riverbank to take in the sights and sounds of the city.
Bithoor is also home to several other historical and cultural sites, including the Valmiki Ashram and the Sita Mata Temple.
Let’s discuss each one by one in brief,
Here are a few popular places to visit around Bithoor:
- Brahma Temple: As mentioned earlier, the Brahma Temple is one of the main attractions of Bithoor. The temple is dedicated to Lord Brahma, one of the primary deities in Hinduism. It is believed to be one of the few temples dedicated to Lord Brahma worldwide. The temple is also known for its intricate carvings and beautiful architecture.
- Valmiki Ashram: The Valmiki Ashram is located on the banks of the Ganges River and is believed to be where the sage Valmiki wrote the Ramayana. Visitors can see the ashram and the temple dedicated to Valmiki. It is also a popular pilgrimage site for devotees of Lord Rama.
- Sita Mata Temple: The Sita Mata Temple is dedicated to Sita, the wife of Lord Rama. The temple is located on the banks of the Ganges River. It is known for its beautiful architecture and peaceful atmosphere. It’s also a popular pilgrimage site.
- Ganges River: The Ganges River is one of the main attractions of Bithoor and offers visitors the opportunity to take a boat ride and enjoy the area’s beauty.
- Iskcon Temple: Iskcon Temple is a temple of Lord Krishna, it’s located in Bithoor, and it’s known for its beautiful architecture and peaceful atmosphere. The temple also organizes various cultural activities and events throughout the year.
- Blue World Theme Park: Blue World Theme Park is a famous amusement park in Bithoor. It offers visitors a wide variety of rides and attractions, as well as a water park and a variety of food and shopping options. It’s a perfect destination for families and visitors looking for fun and entertainment.
- Shudhanshu Ji Ashram: Shudhanshu Ji Ashram is one of the beautiful ashrams founded by Shri Sudhanshuji Maharaj. Shudhanshu Ji Ashram also has an artificial Kailash mountain and a temple dedicated to Radha Krishna. The ashram also has a beautiful garden with statues of various Hindu deities, such as Lord Shiva, Lord Krishna, Lord Hanuman, Goddess Parvati, and Goddess Radha.
How To Reach Bithoor
Bithoor is a small town situated near Kanpur in Uttar Pradesh. It can be easily reached by any means of transport available from Kanpur.
- The nearest railway station to Bithoor is Kalyanpur, which is 13 km away from Bithoor.
- The Chakeri Airport is the only airport in Kanpur, at a distance of about 33 km.
- Although Bithoor doesn’t have its own Bus Station, there are many bus stations in Kanpur where one can take a bus to reach Bithoor. Like ISBT Jhakarkatti, Fazalganj Bus Station, Azad Nagar Bus Station, and Chunniganj Bus Station.
- Auto-rickshaw is always ready to take you to Bithoor from any city corner.
Best Time To Visit Bithoor
The climate in Bithoor is warm and humid all year round. The summers in Bithoor are sweltering and humid, with temperatures reaching as high as 40 degrees Celsius on some days. The winters are milder, with temperatures around 10 degrees Celsius on average.
So if you are planning to visit Bithoor, the best time would be between October and March, when the weather is cool and pleasant.
The city also has a rich cultural heritage, seen in its traditional art and craft. Visitors can find a wide variety of traditional handicrafts, such as pottery, textiles, and brassware, made by local artisans.
Overall, Bithoor is a city that offers a unique combination of religious significance, natural beauty, and cultural heritage. It is a must-visit destination for anyone interested in Indian history, mythology, and culture.
Q1: Why is bithoor so famous?
Ans. It’s so famous because Bithoor is considered to be the birthplace of Valmiki, the author of the Hindu epic Ramayana. Bithoor is also a holy place for Hindus and is visited by pilgrims from all over India. The town has many temples and ghats (steps leading down to the river) where pilgrims take a holy dip in the river.
Q2: What is the Pincode of bithoor?
Ans. 209201 & 209203
Q3: What is the distance between Kanpur to bithoor?
Ans. Distance between Kanpur and Bithoor is about 25 KM.